MINUTES OF THE PTA MEETING
Wednesday 1st November 2017 – 2.45 pm
Present: Emma Whitmore (Chair) Sandra Balmforth (Secretary), Amy Harvey, Sarah Travers, Claire Morgan, Mrs Purkins, Vanessa Mcauley
Apologies: Christianne Groom
- 1 Christianne has confirmed present funds stand at £3,754.13.
- 2 Orders for the hooded tops from VJ for the next Year 6 leavers will now be looked at. Replies will be needed from the parents by the 20th Amy said she will chase this.
- 3 Becca in Reception class has asked if the PTA could fund the purchase of a sand tray and shelving unit for the community based water table so that the children could self-select items. The PTA agreed they would fund this at a cost of £700.
- 4 Emma said the Woodland Trust have offered free saplings of differing varieties. These are available in packs of 30, 105 or more. It was decided Emma will email Becca with a view to the saplings being used in Forest School activities.
- 5 Emma confirmed there are 16 confirmed stalls for the pamper evening on Friday, 10th This will start at 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm. Tickets will be sold at £3.50 in advance or £4 on the door. Volunteers will need to set up after school finish with stallholders setting up at 5pm. Claire volunteered to take tickets and SB will serve mulled wine. Emma will run the raffle. Raffle tickets will be sold for £1 a strip. Emma confirmed this will be on Facebook and Amy will put on Twitter.
- 6 Amy said her year group are running an Enterprise project whereby groups of children will make and sell products ‘Apprentice’ style. The PTA agreed to fund £120 towards the cost of materials. This will be Christmas themed and the children will sell their crafts on Tuesday, 12th December from 3pm whereby pupils, parents and other family members have a chance to buy. It was suggested profits could go to a local charity such as the Food Bank.
Date of next meeting – Wednesday 17th January 2017 at 2.45 pm (To be confirmed)